I offer autism advice and training to schools, parents and fellow professionals. A qualified autism advisory teacher for Northamptonshire County Council’s respected Autistic Spectrum Team from 2008-2012, I opted to continue this work independently following restructuring. I provide:
- Individual observations (in school or in the home) with clear recommendations in comprehensive reports, useful as part of evidence gathering; whether before diagnosis, after diagnosis, or when seeking statutory support
- Post diagnosis support for the individual, the family and school, personalised to suit the needs of those concerned
- Social story writing and/or training in how to write your own social stories
- Autism training for teaching and support staff, families, support groups – on a variety of topics (please ask for details)
- Transition support between year groups/different educational settings/returning to school after a period of absence
Since 2014 I have been the Autism Trainer for the charity Autism Bedfordshire, focusing on increasing understanding and reasonable adjustments for autistic people.
Please contact me for more information about what I can do for you.